Cryostimulation Combined With Massage
Local Cryotherapy involves the exposure of low temperatures (-80°C to -150°C) to a specific region of the body for a period of up to 15 minutes per area. The optimum treatment temperature for maximum Cryostimulation is currently perceived to be -135°C.
Cryostimulation treatments offer the following therapeutic effects:
- Pain relief.
- Reduction of oedema.
- An increase in the range of motion in the joints and chilled muscle strength.
- Speeds up the healing process and treatment of injuries.
Cryostimulation can also be combined with the following massage techniques to enhance results, if needed:
The result of classic massage treatments is to accelerate the peripheral circulation. The massage nourishes the skin, speeds up blood circulation, relaxes and regenerates muscles, increases the flexibility and the elasticity of the muscles.
This type of massage is one of the most effective methods of treatment for diseases of the musculoskeletal system, for example, in post-traumatic bruises and sprains, and rheumatic diseases. It is used to alleviate stiffness, tension and muscle pain, improve blood circulation, ease migraines, tension headaches and lower back pain, and eliminate the pain of the sciatica.
One of the most popular types of massage, relaxation massage has great effects on the nervous system. It balances the body from the negative reactions to stress, eliminates involuntary muscle tension, and restores normal heart rhythm, proper circulation and blood pressure.
How does Cryostimulation Work?
The skin is cooled by streams of liquid nitrogen vapour that provoke the vasoconstriction of skin vessels. The thermoreceptors on the treatment areas stimulate the brain to protect the body from the extreme cold temperatures being sensed on the skin. Once the treatment is over, the thermoreceptors no longer sense this danger and blood rushes back to the treatment area at a much higher rate.
Cryostimulation activates the body’s natural defences, which is why it is totally safe. During the short session only the skin is cooled, with the body’s core temperature remaining the same.
Results you can expect:
- It is completely natural and healthy for the body.
- Improves blood flow and boosts metabolic processes.
- Analgesic effect lasting several hours post treatment, which reduces medication intake.
- Cryostimulation promotes the release of the happiness hormones endorphins, making you feel more energetic and in a positive frame of mind. Endorphins, which have a natural pain-killing effect, are secreted faster and anti-inflammatory substances start circulating more actively.
- Strengthens the immune system.
- Treats muscular injuries, pain syndromes and burns.
If you would like more information, or you would like to book a FREE consultation, call us today on 0113 282 7744 or follow the link below: