Cryostimulation for Pain Relief
Local Cryotherapy involves the exposure of low temperatures (-80°C to -150°C) to a specific region of the body for a period of up to 15 minutes per area. The optimum treatment temperature for maximum Cryostimulation is currently perceived to be -135°C.
WATCH OUR CRYOSTIMULATION FOR PAIN & INJURY VIDEO:
Cryostimulation treatments offer therapeutic effects for:
- Pain relief
- Reduction of oedema
- An increase in the range of motion in the joints and chilled muscle strength
- Speeds up the healing process and treatment of injuries and burns
Cryostimulation treatments can be used to treat:
- Accelerates cellular metabolism
- Sports injuries (fractures and bruises)
- Delayed bone union
- Postoperative rehabilitation
- Rheumatic diseases and degenerative bone disease
- Joints post surgery
- Pain syndromes
- Diseases of the joints
- Excessive muscle tone, spasticity
- Ligaments, sprains, neuro inflammation
- The sciatic nerve
How does Cryostimulation Work?
The skin is cooled by streams of liquid nitrogen vapour that provoke the vasoconstriction of skin vessels. The thermoreceptors on the treatment areas stimulate the brain to protect the body from the extreme cold temperatures being sensed on the skin. Once the treatment is over, the thermoreceptors no longer sense this danger and blood rushes back to the treatment area at a much higher rate.
Cryostimulation activates the body’s natural defences, which is why it is totally safe. During the short session only the skin is cooled, with the body’s core temperature remaining the same
Results you can expect:
- It is completely natural and healthy for the body.
- Improves blood flow and boosts metabolic processes.
- Analgesic effect lasting several hours post treatment, which reduces medication intake.
- Cryostimulation promotes the release of the happiness hormones endorphins, making you feel more energetic and in a positive frame of mind. Endorphins, which have a natural pain-killing effect, are secreted faster and anti-inflammatory substances start circulating more actively.
- Strengthens the immune system.
- Treats muscular injuries, pain syndromes and burns.
If you would like more information, or you would like to book a FREE consultation, call us today on 0113 282 7744 or follow the link below: